10 Ways to Take Your NY or NJ Lawn & Landscape to the Next Level in 2019
Now is the time to decide on hiring a professional lawn care and landscape company to handle your property needs, or you could do it yourself.
But if you’re a busy person working long hours during the week, you don’t want to spend your weekend keeping up with your lawn care and landscape maintenance.
Instead, you need a lawn and landscape service to take that burden off your shoulders so you can relax on the weekends.
Plus, if you enjoy entertaining friends and family outside over the summer, you want to showcase beautiful lawn and landscaping.
Your local lawn care company will take your Rockland County, NY or Bergen County, NJ property to the next level with their expertise and professional products, so you can show it off with pride this summer.
10 Ways to Take Your Hudson Valley Lawn and Landscape to the Next Level in 2019
When you hire us at Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape, you’re getting the area’s best lawn care and landscaping professionals. We’ve been in business for over 25 years and know the needs of Rockland County, NY and Bergen County, NJ’s soil, turf and landscape.
Here are 10 ways to make your Hudson Valley property rock this summer when you hire us:
- Weekly mowing service: Mowing is a regular maintenance chore for all homeowners. But when you hire a lawn service to mow for you, you’re getting a full service. For example, your lawn grass needs sharp blades to avoid tearing and ripping the plants. At Majestic, we sharpen our blades daily. Your lawn also should be cut in opposite directions each time it’s mowed to get a manicured look and preserve the health of your turf.
- Pre-emergent and post-emergent weed controls: You can avoid crabgrass in your lawn when we, at Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape, apply pre-emergent weed control as soon as the soil warms up to the mid 50’s for a few days. Traditionally, the forsythia bush blooming is an indicator that the ground is warm enough for pre-emergent weed control.
We use spot spraying as the most effective way to control post-emergent weeds. Post-emergent weeds are mostly perennial or biennial weeds, including
- Broadleaf and buckhorn plantains
- Common blue violet
- Common chickweed (this is the only annual weed on the list)
- Ground ivy
- White clover.
- Lawn fertilizer program: Regular lawn fertilization throughout the growing season, from March through November, is vital for building up your turfgrass to crowd out weeds, maintain its green color and vigor, as well as survive dry, hot summer conditions.
Read more about our Premier Property Management program!
- Organic lawn care: The value of organic lawn care has been growing over the past 10 years or so. The purpose of organic lawn care starts with a healthy, vibrant soil eco-system that positively affects the turfgrass that lives in it. You’ll notice a difference with organic lawn care in your turf’s vitality, denseness and
However, organic lawn care is not for everyone. If you want a quick green up and perfect turf right away, then organic is not the solution for you.
Instead, you need to be patient while employing organic lawn care, and you need to have a tolerance for the occasional weed in your lawn. For successful organic lawn care, you need to be able to see the end goals of organics rather than the immediate results.
- Yard clean-up: We’ll clean up your yard at least two times a year, in the spring and in the fall. A clean-up includes raking up leaves, picking up debris left over from winter storms, including sticks, stones and In the spring, you want to prepare your lawn for fertilization, mowing and weed control applications.
In the fall, raking leaves and deposing of them is part of yard clean-up as well as putting the lawn to bed for the winter. This may be done up to 3 times.
- Regular lawn care throughout the entire growing season: Most lawn care companies want you to belong to a regular fertilization program. And we’re no different. At Majestic, we’ll take soil samples and test them for nutrient deficiencies as well as pH levels. Then we design a lawn fertilization program that feeds your soil and encourages healthy turf growth.
- Plant health care: Your flowerbeds, ornamental trees and shrubs need regular care as well as your lawn. Our crews will clean out your beds in the spring and the fall. We pull weeds and remove leaves. We provide fertilization, mulching services, installing seasonal plants and dividing perennials in the fall.
After it rains or the snow melts, do you have a pond in your NY or NJ lawn?
- Pruning and tree care: At Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape, owner Joe Holland is a certified arborist. He employs tree health care through inspections for diseases and insects. Majestic also provides deep root fertilization, pruning services and tree installations. Majestic will remove branches from trees or remove the entire tree if it’s dying. Majestic uses selective pruning practices, which promote your trees’ natural beauty and shape.
- Fertilization program for your landscaped areas: Your trees, shrubs and flowering plants all need fertilization. We have a fertilization program that will meet your landscape plants individual needs.
- Mulching: We recommend no more than 3” to 4” of mulch around your landscaped plants. At Majestic, we remove old mulch and replace it with a fresh batch. Mulch has so many benefits beyond a tidy look too:
- It regulates soil temperature
- It holds moisture in the soil longer
- It protects plants from roots heaving during a freeze/thaw cycle
- It provides nutrients as the mulch breaks down.
If You Want to Enjoy Your Weekends this Growing Season, Then You Need Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape
At Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape, you can enjoy your summer evenings and the weekends because we’ll take care of your property for you.
If you’re ready to get started with Majestic’s lawn care and landscaping services, call us today at (845) 708-2988 for Rockland County, NY homeowners and (201) 788-7191 if you live in Bergen County, NJ.
You can also fill out our contact form and someone in our office will reply to your message.