Welcome to the 2018 Growing Season!
13 Ideas & Benefits for Keeping Your Rockland County, NY Property Looking Its Best
Spring is only a little over a month away, and it’s soon time to welcome the 2018 growing season.
If you take pride in your Rockland County, New York or Bergen County, New Jersey property, then you need a professional landscape and lawn maintenance company, such as Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape.
In this article, you’ll read about the 13 ideas and benefits that Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape uses to keep your NY or NJ property looking its best.
Why Your Property Needs Regular Lawn Care
The key to a beautiful lawn that looks green and thick from early spring through late fall is regular lawn care.
Here are six benefits to regular lawn maintenance that lead to a healthy and beautiful property:
- Mowing: Cutting your grass involves more than just powering up the mower. Your lawn will have a clean, manicured look when you hire us to mow your lawn.
Each day, we sharpen our mower blades to ensure a clean cut each time we mow your lawn.
- Pre-emergent and post-emergent weed control: In order to control weeds in your lawn, the growing season starts with pre-emergent weed control to form a barrier in the soil to stop crabgrass from forming a root system.
The broadleaf weed season starts soon after crabgrass and can be controlled with post-emergent weed control.
- Regular fertilization treatment: One of the most important features of a great lawn care program lies in the fertilization treatments.
Regular fertilizer applied to your lawn helps provide important nutrients at just the right time to help your lawn continue to grow green and thick—leaving no room for weeds.
- Organic options: If you worry about the effects of conventional lawn care products on your children, pets and the environment, Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape offers organic lawn care.
Majestic’s organic lawn care option uses a systematic approach where the products focus on soil health to create a sustainable, natural lawn care.
- Yard clean up: Every spring and fall, it’s time to clean up your yard. In the spring, it’s a great time to pick up sticks, leaves and other debris from last fall and the winter. Then in fall, leaf clean-up becomes the focal point to protect your lawn from winter fungal diseases.
- Fall lawn care: Wrapping up the growing season is just as important as waking it up. In early fall, your lawn needs core aeration to relieve soil compaction and to get it ready for overseeding. Overseeding provides new grass before the first freeze in November.
These are only a sampling of the lawn services you get from Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape. We also have pest and lawn disease controls available to protect your yard from grubs, ticks, mosquitos and fungal diseases.
You can have a healthy lawn this spring. Read more in this blog post.
Why Your Landscape Plants Benefit from Plant Health Care
Your perennials, shrubs and trees benefit from regular plant health care. Here are seven plant health care features your landscape plants need:
- Regular inspection for insects and disease: Every time our crews visit your home to work on your beds, trees and shrubs, we’ll inspect your plants for insect infestation and signs of disease. The earlier we catch a plant problem, the sooner we can fix it.
- Regular fertilization: Just like your lawn, your perennials, trees and shrubs need regular fertilization treatments for the best blossoms, leaves and their overall health.
- Weed control: Our crews will hand pull weeds and apply weed control to keep your beds looking fresh and beautiful.
- Bed clean-up: Every spring and fall, your flower beds need to be cleaned up—whether that’s weed-pulling, cleaning out mulch, clearing debris or breaking up perennials.
- Mulching: Adding mulch to your flower beds, as well as under trees and shrubs, does more than make your property look tidy. Mulch also keeps moisture in the soil, regulates soil temperature, helps prevent weeds and adds extra nutrition to your plants.
- Pruning: Your trees and shrubs need regular trimming to keep their shape and to prevent insects and diseases.
At Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape, we use selective pruning practices to only take off limbs that are rubbing together or are prohibiting air and light from penetrating the plant.
- Preparing beds for winter: Finally, your beds need to be tucked away for winter. In the fall, we’ll plant bulbs, separate perennials and add a fresh mulch application.
For your shrubs and trees, there’s horticultural oil to protect them from insects. To protect your delicate shrubs and trees from winter winds, we’ll wrap burlap around them.
Even though your Hudson Valley backyard may be covered in snow, spring is right around the corner. Now is the time to make plans for your Rockland County, NY and Bergen County, NJ property to have a full season of fertilization, weed control and plant health care.
If you want your property looking its best in 2018, call us today at (845) 708-2988 or fill out our contact form.
We’ve been serving the Rockland County, NY and Bergen County, NJ areas for 25 years!