5 Steps to Keep Your Trees Healthy
~Majestic Lawn and Landscape Serving Rockland County, NY & Bergen County, NJ~
Your trees provide a lot of benefits: natural air conditioning, shade from the hot sun and overall beauty. Yet, you need to invest in your trees’ well-being in order to keep them at their best.
When trees are not functioning at their best, they’re at risk for death, disease, and insect infestation. Further, they can diminish your backyard’s charm at best and pose a safety threat to people and property at worst.
Here are five steps that we at Majestic Lawn and Landscape recommend to keep your trees in shape:
- Plant the right tree at the right spot on your lawn: Not every tree will look right at the top of a slope, in the middle of your backyard or in the landscape space on your front yard. Allow us to evaluate your property to determine the best place to plant various types of trees on your property.
- Protect your trees: Certain types of trees are at risk to lightning strikes, deer antler rubbing, rodent activity and insect infestation. At Majestic Lawn and Landscape, we can help you protect your trees from all of the above.
- Prune your trees: We won’t top your trees. Instead, we’ll selectively prune them to keep the tree’s shape, remove storm-damaged limbs, and improve light and air circulation in the tree canopy.
- Feed your trees the right amount of nutrients: We’ll test the soil around your trees for pH and nutrient deficiencies. From there, we’ll fertilize your tree with the right amount of nutrients to get it back to premium health.
- Get your trees examined: At Majestic Lawn and Landscape, we have professional tree care technicians on staff who’ll examine your tree for insects, disease or damage. Through regular examinations, we’ll be able to spot the first sign of disease or insect infestation before it gets out of control. We’ll also make sure that your trees get the proper treatment to get control of the problem and rescue the tree.
Are you ready for us to examine and care for your trees? Call us right now at (845) 708-2988 or fill out our contact form. We serve commercial and residential properties in Rockland County, NY and Bergen County, NJ.
Arbor Day.com, “Tree Health Guide.”
Phipps, Nikki, “Trees that Please the Landscape,” Gardening Know How.com: March 25, 2015.
Tree Care Industry Association, “Tree Care Tips: Helping Homeowners Care for Their Trees and Landscapes.”