6 Ways to Keep Your NY Landscape Clear of Deer
Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape Proudly Serving Rockland County, NY & Bergen County, NJ
Do you have deer destroying your Rockland County, NY or Bergen County, NJ property?
As deer and humans continue to live in close proximity, there will continue to be a problem with deer rampaging homeowners’ lawns and landscapes. Yet, you don’t have to succumb to deer damage.
A Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape, we can help you get a grip on your deer problem. While we can’t chase deer off your property, we can restructure your front- and backyards to be more deer resistant. We understand the ongoing problem of deer eating your prized plants, rubbing their antlers against your ornamental trees and trampling through your garden beds.
Here are some ways we, at Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape, can help you keep deer off your property:
- We’ll install deer-resistant plants in your landscapes. Plants with strong scents, including herbs as well as thorny bushes, such as devil’s walking stick, can keep deer away.
- We’ll redesign and install deer resistant shrubs around your landscape’s perimeter. Boxwoods, arrowwood, viburnum, bush cinquefoil and bayberry are just a few examples of shrubs that deer rarely eat.
- We’ll plant evergreens that deer avoid, such as spruce, junipers and some cypress varieties.
- We’ll incorporate ornamental grasses, liriope, pachysandra and vinca within your landscape beds.
- We can construct an 8’ fence or a double fence around your property to deter deer from invading.
- If your home is surrounded by woods, we can add Invisible Fence; a thin, black plastic mesh, mounted on natural wooden tree stakes. Unfortunately, Invisible Fence doesn’t look good on front lawns and properties with no woods.
At Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape, we know how deer are damaging your New York or New Jersey property. We’ll use a variety of landscape techniques to keep deer at bay. If you’re ready to keep deer clear of your property, call us today at (845) 708-2988 or fill out our contact form.
Blundell, Danielle, “20 Ways to Keep Deer Out of Your Yard,” This Old House Online.
Nitzche, Pete, Pedro Perdomo and David Drake, “Landscape Plants Rated by Deer Resistance,” Rutgers University Cooperative Extension.
Sellmer, Jim, Gary San Julian and Rick Bates, “Ornamentals and Deer: Realities and Landscape Options,” Penn State Extension: Home Lawn and Garden.
Weigel, George, “The Trouble with Deer: How to Stop Deer from Devouring Your Landscape,” PA Landscape and Nursery Association.