Did you know that you can enhance your Rockland County, NY or Bergen County, NJ evenings with landscape lighting?
Outdoor lights offer so much to the curb appeal and usability of your home—from motion sensor lights to illuminating your backyard living spaces. Landscape lighting allows you to entertain in your outdoor oasis well into the autumn months.
Questions to Ask
Before you install your outdoor lights, you need to ask yourself the following questions:
- During the day, what are your three favorite things to look at in your yard? You may want to highlight them with lights in the evening.
- What do you want in outdoor lighting? You may want motion sensor lights for the front of your home and other lighting options for your backyard.
- How will your lighting decisions improve your home and its curb appeal?
Desirability, Drama & Attention to Detail
When we design and install a lighting system to your outdoor living spaces, we focus on desirability, drama and attention to detail.
To add desirability, we’ll make your home welcoming with walkway and driveway lights to greet your friends and family. We can include porch lights that gently illuminate your front porch.
In your backyard, we can light up your nights by adding lights to your patio, pergola, deck, fountain, pool, among other highlighted features. It’s no longer boring lights—but more subtle lighting that gently illumines your outdoor living features.
Drama and attention to detail come into play with the various types of lighting we install:
- Uplighting – This is when the light takes the eye from the ground upwards. It’s a great way to highlight your home’s front exteriors as well as trees, a favorite plant, or a statue.
- Moonlighting – Do you want a full moon casting its glow on your backyard all month long? Moonlighting is the answer. We install lights high up in your trees to cast light downward to shine on your patio, dining area, or a wooded spot by the pond.
- Silhouetting – Do you have a tree or plant that you want to showcase? Silhouetting shines light on the plant or tree as well as lighting the surrounding area.
- Shadowing – We place lights that washes out your focal point so it creates a shadow of the object in the background. It’s an opportunity to add drama while adding light to your front- or backyards.
- Grazing – For grazing, we use uplights in front of a stone wall or your home’s façade to cast shadows on the exteriors’ textures.
These are only five samples of outdoor lighting styles that we can design and build for your outdoor living space. Remember, you can still save money on your utility bills by including a timer, photocell or a combination of both to turn lights on and off at certain times of the day and night. And LED lights come in softer hues and save you money on your utility bills too. Finally, you can include fire pits and fireplaces to your lighting project to add warmth and light to your Rockland County, NY or Bergen County, NJ backyard.
Are you ready to enhance your New York or New Jersey evenings with landscape lighting? At Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape, we’ll transform your landscape with outdoor lighting. Call us today to make your appointment at (845) 708-2988 or fill out our contact form.
American Lighting Association. “Outdoor Lighting.”
HGTV.com. “Lighting Up the Night Landscape.”
Landscaping Network: “Landscape Lighting Effects.”
Toht, Dave (for HouseLogic.com). “Outdoor Lighting for Curb Appeal and Safety.”