Let Majestic Lawn Care & Landscape Reduce the Tick & Mosquito Population on Your Yard
Majestic Lawn Care & Landscape ~ Proudly Serving Rockland County, NY and Bergen County, NJ for Over 25 Years
Tis the season to be outside, running around in the yard and playing tag or hide and seek.
You know dangerous insects are lurking on your property that could cause a lifetime of illness with just one bite.
How can you protect your loved ones—including your pets―from these bad bugs?
You can invest in perimeter pest control to reduce your family’s risk of mosquito and tick bites.
What is Perimeter Pest Control?
When we at Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape apply perimeter pest control, we’ll spray around the edges of your property at places where mosquitoes and ticks thrive. Both pests prefer to live in damp, dark places.
Our technicians will focus on areas such as the edges of your lawn and landscapes, along with the edges of any woodlands, under decks, in rock walls or wood piles and any other areas where these bugs hang out.
You also have a choice between conventional and organic insect control. Both choices are safe for you and your family. However, there is an organic option if you prefer.
And both products will kill mosquitoes at all life stages—from larvae through adulthood—as well as all ticks living along the edges of your property.
We won’t spray in the middle of your yard because ticks and mosquitoes don’t inhabit those areas. And we won’t spray over any of your water features such as
We also ask that you put away all children and pet toys, pet dishes as well as all pets and children during our visit. Your technician will leave behind a fact sheet letting you know when the product is dry and when everyone can come back outside.
To further reduce your mosquito and tick populations, read these home management tips.
Protecting Your Loved Ones
Besides hiring us, you can also protect your family and pets from mosquitoes and ticks. Here are some handy tips:
- Make sure that you apply DEET, oil of lemon eucalyptus or picaridin on all children and adults.
- Wear loose-fitting, light-colored clothing—mosquitoes are attracted to black. And their bites will penetrate through tight-fitting clothing.
- Mosquito bites spread heartworm—a parasite fatal to dogs. Have your dogs and cats tested every year by your vet.
- Make sure your pets—especially cats and dogs—wear tick and flea repellent. Ask your vet for more information.
- Shower after you’ve been in the woods.
- Check hair, arms and legs of everyone who played or hiked through the forest. Ticks will latch onto anything that brushes against where they’re hiding—such as tall grass or other woodland plants.
- When you walk in the woods, you may want to consider wearing long pants and long sleeves for an added layer of protection.
Keep deer and mice off your property to further protect you and your family from tick bites.
Don’t let mosquitoes and ticks ruin your outdoor fun this summer. Let us at Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape reduce your tick and mosquito population with our perimeter pest control.
Call us today at (845) 708-2988 or fill out our contact form to start your perimeter pest control applications.
Find us on Facebook!