Does Your NY Lawn & Landscape Need a Remodel?
Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape ~ Proudly Serving Rockland County, NY & Bergen County, NJ for 25 Years
So every time you come home from work, you notice all of the bare spots in your lawn as you go up your driveway. And as you walk along your property, you see that your landscaped beds are looking tired and dull.
What can you do?
You can hire your local lawn care and landscape company to renovate your property and improve your curb appeal.
In this article, you’ll learn the signs that it’s time for a lawn and landscape renovation as well as what a new lawn and garden beds will do for you.
4 Signs that Your Lawn is in Trouble
If your lawn is in decline, you’ll have these problems:
- Your yard has more weeds than lawn grass
- There are patches on your property where lawn grass won’t grow
- Your lawn grass has a disease that’s spread throughout your property
- You haven’t done anything with your lawn for the past few years.
Read why it’s vital that you only hire an insured lawn care and landscape company.
Diagnosing Your Property’s Grass Growing Problem
At Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape, one of our technicians will diagnose why your property isn’t growing grass. A soil test will help the technician discover if you have a pH problem or if your soil is lacking certain nutrients and minerals.
Likewise, your tech will also take into account the following issues:
- Learn what type of grass is growing in your lawn
- Check to see if you have any drainage problems
- Determine if your lawn is getting enough sunlight
- Test the soil to see if it’s compacted
- Determine how much and what parts of your property are struggling to grow grass
- Take into account various microclimates that affect lawn grass development. For example, one part of your property may be in all shade, have slightly cooler temperatures and take longer to drain rainwater—making it difficult to grow yard grass.
At Majestic Lawn Care and Landscapes, we perform total lawn renovations by removing all of your grass and preparing the soil to receive brand new sod or we can over seed and work on what you have.
We also add fertilizer at the same time that we slit-seed your yard. Whether we’re slit-seeding or installing sod on your property, we recommend that you follow the watering instructions that we leave with you.
If your lawn needs drainage solutions, we’ll recommend the following procedures to improve water moving away from your home and your yard:
- Excavating and grading
- Dry stream beds
- French drains
- Downspout solutions
- Swales and many more drainage services.
Do You Dread Mowing Your Rockland County, NY Lawn? Read more in this blog post.
When Your Landscape Beds Need a Facelift
If your arborvitae is looking ragged or your perennials aren’t giving you consistent blooms, it may be time for a landscape renovation. Before we make a plan, we’ll check your landscaped beds to see what they need to revive or replace them.
Depending on when you last trimmed, your shrubs and trees may need pruning. Also, if you haven’t split your perennials, such as daylilies, phlox and tulips, you may need us to transplant them for you.
Likewise, perennials, trees and shrubs age and die within their typical lifecycles. If that’s the case, then we’ll replace your older plants with new ones.
Here are some common solutions that we employ to bring pizzazz back to your landscape trees, shrubs and perennials:
- Pruning your trees and shrubs
- Splitting perennials
- Taking out older shrubs that aren’t performing anymore and replacing them with new varieties
- Refresh your mulch
- Adding rocks and boulders for landscape diversity
- Adding stones or pavers around borders to separate your lawn from your landscaped beds
- Fertilizing your trees, shrubs and garden beds
- Edging along your beds to give your lawn and landscape a fresh look
- Replacing or adding walkways
- Replacing old bulbs and perennials with newer varieties.
Summer storms are now in season for the next few months. Read this blog post to learn why you need a certified arborist to protect your trees from possible damage.
After we renovate your lawn and landscapes, you’ll not only improve your curb appeal, but you’ll be excited to come home and enjoy your “new” property.
If your lawn and landscapes need renovation, call us today at (845) 708-2988 or fill out our contact form.
Arntson, Anne, “4 Curb Appeal Projects to Max Out Your Home’s Value,” HouseLogic.com.
Cox, Paul, “Lawn Patrol: Renovate or Redo Your Lawn Landscaping,” HGTV.com.