Imagine having friends and family over to your backyard on a late October evening. You may enjoy having a glass of wine and quiet conversation by your outdoor fireplace. Or you may gather around a fire pit to roast marshmallows for lively conversation and laughter.
Whatever your social style may be, you can enjoy your outdoor living space well into the fall and early winter with a fire feature. And your fire feature isn’t limited to one or two styles. Indeed, your purpose for your fire feature will influence the design and placement of it on your property.
At Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape, we can build you the following fire features depending on what you want and the space you have available:
- A fire and water feature that incorporates flowing water and gentle flame. The combination of water and fire serve to relax and add a backdrop to your backyard space.
- Fire pits can be designed as ceramic bowls, tables, above or below ground. We can build a seat wall around your pit or you can buy furniture just for that part of your outdoor living area.
- Fire places can be stand-alone along one side of your outdoor living room overlooking a valley, a body of water, or any other vista. Additionally, you can have us design and build a fireplace that’s the focal point in your outdoor living room.
What kind of mood do you want your fire feature to invoke? Fireplaces are more intimate while fire pits suggest a more campfire atmosphere. However, with a fire pit, you can have it designed with a ceramic bowl or other containers that encourage more reflection and quiet conversation. We’ll present you with a variety of masonry material to choose from to build your fire feature.
You have three fuel choices for your fire pit or fireplace:
- Gas – Natural gas is a clean fuel and the least expensive option. We’ll hook up a gas line to your fireplace or fire pit. You’ll be able to light these features with a click of a button.
- Propane – Propane is another clean fuel and it allows you to move your fire pit to other areas of your property. Yet, it’s the most expensive out of all three options. Plus, you’ll need to periodically refill your propane tank when it runs out of fuel.
- Wood – Do you want the feel and smell of an old-fashioned fire? Then wood is the optimum choice.
Safety and Ordinances
You want to make sure that you can have a fire feature on your property. Check with your local municipality in Rockland County, NY or Bergen County, NJ to see what your city allows when it comes to open flame and building a fire feature.
We build your fire feature with safety in mind. At Majestic Lawn Care and Landscape, we’ll design and build your fire feature 10’ or more away from any buildings. We’ll also encourage you to add a seat wall or another hardscape boundary to keep foliage and plant material away from your fire area.
Also, don’t leave your fire pit or fireplace unattended and keep an eye on children who don’t understand the potential dangers that fire poses.
Are you ready to add a fire feature to your Rockland County, NY or Bergen County, NJ backyard? We’re taking appointments now to build your fire feature in time for fall. Call us at (845) 708-2988 or fill out our contact form.
HGTV.com. “Outdoor Fire Pits and Fire Pit Safety.”
Odom, Jill. “Now’s the Time to Pitch Fire Features to Prospects,” TotalLandscapecare.com.
Pangaea. “10 Tips for Using Outdoor Fire Bowls,” Houzz.com